Positions are Available for Several Team Leaders
The Neighborhood Garden Coalition (NGC) exists to enrich the lives of our community through sustainable urban agriculture and inclusion of all people regardless of ability, race, or economic background. Our educational programs provide experiential learning opportunities for beginner farmers to master gardeners and students with different abilities.. These program exposes participants to the importance of growing vegetables and teach all of the steps required in growing food from creating healthy soil to harvesting and marketing.
If like to organizing and becoming part of a team to meet common goals we would like to hear from you. We need people who would like to would take responsibility for:
- Vegetable Farming that includes soil preparation, planting, weeding, pest control, and irrigation.
- Harvest, package and distribute
- Education and demonstration area including herbs, sensory plants, and pollinators.
- Soil health including composting, soil testing, and nutrients control
- Native garden development
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific knowledge and skills are desirable, but NOT necessary. We will train and mentor and help anyone who has the desire and ability consistent to meet goals set by the farm manager. Successful candidates will:
- Assume responsibility.
- Help recruit volunteers.
- Communicate clearly.
- Be available at least every other week during the growing season.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume and letter of introduction to: Jim Greenwood Email email@example.com
Applications will remain open until filled.