Position Available: Marketing and Communication Intern
The Neighborhood Garden Coalition (NGC) exists to enrich the lives of our community through sustainable urban agriculture and inclusion of all people regardless of ability, race, or economic background. Our educational programs provide experiential learning opportunities for beginner farmers to master gardeners and students with different abilities.. These program exposes participants to the importance of growing vegetables and teach all of the steps required in growing food from creating healthy soil to harvesting and marketing.
We seek a dynamic, self-starter to assist in our marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing for a nonprofit organization that is part of the movement to create local food systems.
- Update and maintain social media presence, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Website maintenance and design improvements.
- Assist in planning, writing and distribution of regular news blasts.
- Designingmarketing material for programs for people with special needs, events, work shops, etc.
- Reach out to the community organizations, general public and donors.
- Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms used in the social media space.
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- SEO and Google analytics knowledgeable.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for our mission
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3 – 6 month commitment.
Hours: 8 – 12 hours/week, preferably twice a week in the office. Up to 4 hours can be completed at home.
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to Jim Greenwood firstname.lastname@example.org